Mr. Siebel is the founder and chief executive officer of C3 AI, the world’s leading Enterprise AI software company. C3 AI provides a Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications for rapidly developing and operating enterprise-scale big data, predictive analytics, AI, and IoT solutions.
Mr. Siebel was the founder and chief executive officer of Siebel Systems, one of the world’s leading software companies. Founded in 1993, Siebel Systems pioneered the CRM software market, becoming the global leader with more than 8,000 employees in 32 countries, over 4,500 corporate customers, and annual revenue in excess of $2 billion in less than seven years. Siebel Systems merged with Oracle Corporation in January 2006.
Mr. Siebel is the chairman of the Thomas and Stacey Siebel Foundation. Established in 1996, the Foundation funds projects to support energy solutions, educational and research programs, public health, and the homeless and underprivileged. In 2015 the Foundation launched the Siebel Energy Institute, a global consortium for innovative and collaborative energy research for the public domain. The Siebel Energy Institute fosters research collaboration among premier universities and spurs the greatest minds in engineering and computer science to address the most pressing energy challenges of our time.
Mr. Siebel serves on the College of Engineering boards at the University of Illinois and the University of California, Berkeley. He is a director of the Hoover Institution at Stanford University and is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Mr. Siebel is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in History, an M.B.A., and a Master of Science in Computer Science. He is the author of four books, including most recently the best-selling Digital Transformation: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction (RosettaBooks, 2019).
Honors and Awards
• Entrepreneur of the Year, EY, 2018
• Wall Street Journal CEO Council, 2018
• Goldman Sachs Most Intriguing Entrepreneur, 2018
• Glassdoor Top CEO, 2018
• Ph.D. (Hon), Politecnico di Torino, 2018
• Entrepreneur of the Year, EY, 2017
• Best Places to Work, 100% CEO approval rating, Glassdoor, 2017
• Most Admired CEO Lifetime Achievement Award, San Francisco Business Times, 2016
• 50 Years, 50 Innovators, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014
• The World’s Top 25 Eco-Innovators, Fortune Magazine, May 2014
• The Chancellor’s Citation, University of California, Berkeley, February 2014
• Academy of Arts and Sciences, Elected Member, April 2013