President of Novartis Pharmaceuticals since 2019 | Nationality: Swiss | Year of birth: 1971
• President, Advanced Accelerator Applications, France (March–June 2019)
• Europe Region Head, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland (2017–2019)
• Corporate vice president of hematology and oncology for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Celgene
International, Switzerland (2014–2016)
• Regional vice president of northern Europe, Celgene International, Switzerland (2012–2014)
• General manager of Austria, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia and Slovakia, Celgene
International, Switzerland (2009–2011)
• Country manager of Switzerland, Celgene International, Switzerland (2008–2009)
• Board member, AXA, France
• Master of Business Administration, IMD business school, Switzerland
• Bachelor of Science, Georgetown University, US
Marie-France Tschudin is President of Novartis Pharmaceuticals, the company’s largest
business unit by sales. Novartis Pharmaceuticals launches and commercializes innovative
treatments to address patients’ needs across a range of therapeutic areas, including
cardiovascular diseases, ophthalmology, immunology and dermatology.
Marie-France is inspired by providing better treatment options that could transform patients’
quality of life. With multiple launches of new medicines expected during the next several
years, her aspiration is for Novartis Pharmaceuticals to transform the standard of care for
twice as many patients, twice as fast.
“Patients can’t wait, and deserve better. We have an incredible opportunity to change the
lives of millions of people. Our job is to focus intently on the needs of patients, physicians
and healthcare systems, and to bring them our treatments in a way that is as innovative as
Marie-France took on her current role in 2019, having joined Novartis Pharmaceuticals two
years earlier as Europe Region Head. She speaks six languages and draws on more than
25 years of multinational experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Throughout her career, she has established a strong record of driving commercial
excellence, maintaining integrity and championing a commitment to patients.
Her goal as a leader is to create a diverse and inclusive environment where people are
empowered to be their best selves and collaborate to have real impact for patients. She
believes that having a strong work-life balance is one of the keys to succeeding both
personally and professionally.
“I can do my job effectively only by finding the right balance to engage fully at work and at
home. What truly matters to me are the teams around me, and creating strong support
networks for each other.”
Outside of Novartis, Marie-France is a member of the board of directors of the multinational
insurance company AXA. In her spare time, she enjoys skiing and gardening, and spending
time with her husband and two sons.